Ultrasound is a soothing therapeutic treatment using high frequency sound waves administered in the region of the soft tissue injury. Sound vibrations, as fast as a million times per second, penetrate tissues deep in the body, creating a heat response. These vibrations and heat help break down and disperse unhealthy calcium and other hard tissue accumulations.The gel used to conduct the sound waves is at room temperature and may momentarily feel cool to the skin when it is initially applied. Most patients feel nothing, or a pleasant and relaxing sensation below the surface of the skin.Ultrasound treatment can usually be administered directly to the area of complaint, penetrating deep into the body. The ultrasound treatment reduces pain, increases blood flow, relaxes muscle spasms and speeds the healing process.
- Highly effective in treating calcium deposition
- Stimulates healing without irritation
- Speeds metabolism and improves blood flow
- Reduces nerve root irritation
- Enhances the body’s natural healing ability